Wednesday, June 17, 2015

9th Malindobru (MIB) Medical Sciences Conference 2015

Malaysia-Indonesia-Brunei Darussalam Medical Sciences Conference was held in Brunei this year! It's organised every 2 years in the three different countries. In 2013, it was in Indonesia and therefore, Malindobru conference will be in Malaysia in 2017.

Submitted both my research study and community project for the conference. Got oral presentation for research and poster presentation for community project. 

I was lucky to get my poster printed for $40 only! Some of my peers paid double the price, with the same quality D:

 Presenting our poster to the vice chancellor and assistant vice chancellor

 Presenting to Minister of Education (:


 With Dr. Faye, our SSM3 community project's supervisor <3

Dr. Ayub, who always replies to my emails promptly (even at 4am!) 
Best supervisor and mentor in epidemiology/statistics anyone could ask for!

In the afternoon, I presented my SSM2 research study in Room 3. It was nerve wrecking as there wasn't any podium and I had to stand in the front, holding a piece of script for my speech, which I did not even look at due to nervousness. 
I didn't edit any of my slides as I've been focusing on my poster (due to last minute work..) but my presentation was done since I had to complete it for the National Nephrology Symposium in April this year.

Everything went well, thankfully. We even met new friends from Universitas Indonesia! They are so nice and bubbly :D 


All of us had our presentations done on the first day. Yayy! 


We did the Hakim's signature pose...and Alicia looked so cute!!!

Our second attempt


Arrived home around 6pm..and L came up to have dinner with me (:
We went to Sorriso Restaurant & Pizzeria and I think we ordered too much for two person..
:( Getting fatter day by day T____T


On the 2nd day of the conference, we were all very chill. Attending to symposiums and plenary sessions by the invited speakers...and Dr. Zubair informed me to attend the post conference dinner that night because I was chosen as one of the best oral presenters. 

#ootd of the night with L's pyjamas xD

 Picture Cr: Rina


 Picture Cr: Rina

 Picture Cr: Rina

With Vito, a 4th year medical student from Universitas Indonesia

With Dr. Ayub! I hope I've made him proud. He has certainly made research a lot more interesting and has opened the window of opportunities for me. 

After the conference, I finally have the time to do some of my personal stuff for the summer. My to-do list is getting longer day by day...*cries*

No comments:

Post a Comment